HEBREW EDUCATIONAL SOCIETY © Copyright 2020 by H.E.S.
100 Days of Fitness
The 100 Days of Summer Fitness Challenge is back!
Now, more than ever, it’s critical to stay connected. During these unprecedented times, we need to exercise to help us stay strong and healthy—physically and mentally. Go head-to-head with JCC participants across the continent in your favorite form of exercise. Whether you’re into strength training, running, group exercise, swimming, or something else, you’ll have a chance to test your mettle.
The #JCCSummerFitChallenge begins on May 31 and ends on Labor Day, September 7. Make sure you’re part of the action. Anyone 13 years old or older can compete; each participant, however, must have a unique email address.
New for 2020 — Family Division!
Families are encouraged to track their activity time each day. One family member (who also can compete as an individual using the same email address) will enter the family’s total daily activity time.
A Sample Day
• Parent and child swim class – 30 minutes (virtual or in-person)
• Family bike ride – 60 minutes
• Parent and child gardening – 45 minutes
• Total daily activity time for that family – 135 minutes
Here are the rules for the 2020 100 Days of Summer Fitness Challenge
This program is based entirely on the honor system.
Individuals will log miles/yards/classes attended directly in the online form:*
• Running (indoor and outdoor)
• Walking (indoor and outdoor)
• Cycling (indoor and outdoor)
• Swimming (enter score by yards, whether it’s at the H.E.S, in your backyard, or in open water)
• Using cardio equipment (ellipticals, rowers, steppers, etc.)
• Participating in group fitness classes (any type of class—virtual or in-person)
• Participating in strength training activities
• Working with a personal training (virtual or in-person)
• Exercising together as a family (enter the score in minutes)
Each workout must be recorded within seven (7) days, after which the data will not be accepted.