HEBREW EDUCATIONAL SOCIETY © Copyright 2020 by H.E.S.
Resources from the H.E.S.
WELCOME TO VIRTUAL H.E.S.
Although our doors are closed for most programs and social distancing is the new norm, the staff at the H.E.S. is hard at work creating digital content for you to participate in from the comfort of your own home. Whether you are a member, participant, or member of the Southern Brooklyn family, there are resources and tools for everyone to take advantage of.
Take a live FITNESS class, try a new science experiment with our EARLY CHILDHOOD, join our eBook club with AFTER SCHOOL, meet with staff and friends for community conversations, and so much more!
If you have not yet joined one of our Google Classroom please reach out to us and we will get you all set-up!
FOOD SERVICES AT THE H.E.S.
ALL ARE WELCOME
MONDAY – THURSDAY | 9:00 A.M.-2:00 P.M.
FOOD PANTRY operates by appointment; you can reserve your monthly appointment online by clicking HERE.
GRAB-AND-GO meals are offered first-come, first-serve. Stop by the H.E.S. (entrance on East 95th Street) to pick up meals for your school-aged children.
If you need assistance, please email us at email@example.com or call 718-241-3000 ext 4.
EARLY CHILDHOOD CENTER AT THE H.E.S.
Our EARLY CHILDHOOD is ready for summer, are you? Our teachers are going to live every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Don’t miss the chance to learn, play, and grow with all of our H.E.S. friends!
Not enrolled in our Early Childhood Program? Here are a few great tools to use at home:
- Seuss Ville | Young learners will love the stories and interactive literacy games based on Dr. Seuss characters.
- How to Draw (basics)
- Exhibitions and Collections on Google Arts & Culture Platform: Musée d’Orsay: Paris | Take a look at all items in the collection, and enjoy a virtual tour through the museum!
SOCIAL SERVICES AT THE H.E.S.
Join the H.E.S.’ SOCIAL SERVICE department’s Google Classroom TODAY!
Simply CLICK HERE and enter code tylpexj
FREE mental health counseling services available to anyone by calling the COVID-19 Emotional Support Hotline at 1-844-863-9314
MUSIC SCHOOL AT THE H.E.S.
Have an instrument at home you always wanted to learn how to play? Improve your skills on an instrument you already know how to play?
H.E.S. MUSIC SCHOOL is offering virtual music classes. Send us an email for more information and to sign-up today!
First-ever H.E.S. Virtual Music Recital is happening Sunday, June 28th at noon, click here for more information.
SPORTS, FITNESS, AND AQUATICS AT THE H.E.S.
Our SPORTS, FITNESS, AND AQUATICS team has a Google Classroom set-up for all participants and members. Programs include daily live work-outs, weekly fitness challenges, recommended at-home workouts, and so very much more.
PROGRAMS FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES AT THE H.E.S.
Join Austin Noel our Director of Persons with Disabilities Departments as he leads program participants through mindfulness exercises and easy at-home art projects.
COVID-19 DISABILITY FORM– This form is designed to help physicians provide you with proper medical treatment, in case you need to go to the hospital for COVID-19 related symptoms. We encourage you to be prepared and complete as many of the questions as possible.
- Hebrew University: Testing and Treatment Research for COVID-19
- Tisha B’Av Special: Uncovering the Ashes of First Temple Period Jerusalemhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9sjlBcWajk
- A message of hope for Tisha B’Av during the coronavirus pandemic by Rabbi Saks.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQTZj7eG6mE
- Jerusalem of Gold
- ONE DAY – A Dedication to COVID19 Frontlinershttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QIDdtyju44
- Israel Happy 72nd Independence Day from the World!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93QYc0UCans