HEBREW EDUCATIONAL SOCIETY © Copyright 2022 by H.E.S.
Swim Class Levels
INTERESTED IN CONTINUING IN COUNTING OR STARTING TO TAKE GROUP SWIM CLASSES AT THE H.E.S?
Please read the important information below as it relates to the available swim levels offered in our group swim classes. Once you have determined the swim level that is applicable – descriptions listed below- and identified the day of the week you are interested in taking classes, please click here to register.
If we have any questions one of our registration staff members will reach out.
LEVEL 1 (Beginner Foundations)
- Enter & exit water ladder/side
- Comfortable in the water
- Blowing bubbles, 3 – 5 seconds
- Bobbing, 3 – 5 times
- Fully submerge, 5 seconds
- Assisted front float, 5 seconds, using the wall
- Unassisted front float, 3 – 5 seconds
- Front glide & recover, 2 body lengths
- Freestyle kick, sitting down
- Assisted freestyle kick, using the wall, head submerged 3 – 5 seconds
- Streamline freestyle kick, 5 – 10 ft.
- Assisted Back float, 3 – 5 seconds
LEVEL 2 (Beginner 2)
- Unassisted Freestyle kick, 10 – 15 ft.
- Freestyle single arm stroke, right and left
- Alternating freestyle arms w/board, 10 ft.
- Unassisted alternating arms, 10 ft.
- Unassisted Back float, 5 seconds
- Back glide, 5 – 10 ft.
- Backstroke kick, assisted w/board, 10 ft.
- Jumping feet first
- Kneeling dive
LEVEL 3 (Beginner/Intermediate)
- Unassisted Freestyle kick, pool length
- Alternating Freestyle arms
- Roll from front to back & back to front
- Introduction of Elementary Backstroke
- Introduction of treading water
- Standing dive, from the floor
- Jumping feet first, from the starting block
LEVEL 4 (Intermediate)
- Freestyle, pool length
- Backstroke, pool length
- Breaststroke kick, w/board, half pool
- Breaststroke pull
- Tread water for 30 seconds
- Object retrieval, 5 – 7ft. Deep
- Completing the standing dive correctly
LEVEL 5 (Intermediate/Advanced)
- Freestyle, 2 pool lengths
- Backstroke, 2 pool lengths
- Breaststroke, length of the pool
- Butterfly kick, half pool
- Butterfly single-arm, half pool
- Tread water, 1 minute
- Dive from the starting block
- Object retrieval, 7 – 8 ft. deep
LEVEL 6 (Advanced)
- Freestyle, 4 pool lengths
- Backstroke, 4 pool lengths
- Breaststroke, 2 pool lengths
- Butterfly kick, length of the pool
- Butterfly, length of the pool
- Different Stroke Turns
- Introduction of Freestyle flip turn
- Tread water, 2 minutes
- Diving starts off the block
- Object retrieval, 9 – 10 ft. deep