HEBREW EDUCATIONAL SOCIETY © Copyright 2023 by H.E.S.
The H.E.S. hosts a FREE After School Program through the NYC-funded SONYC program for students in 6th – 8th grade.
COMPASS NYC’s middle school model also known as SONYC for School’s Out NYC serves as a pathway to success. Structured like clubs, the model offers young people a choice in how they spend their time; provides rigorous instruction in sports and arts; and requires youth leadership through service. The City itself becomes a classroom through trips and opportunities for instruction beyond a traditional learning setting. Programs are offered three hours each day, five days per week.
Monday – Friday: 3 – 6 pm
The SONYC program at H.E.S. provides:
- Pick up from most local schools
- Academic enrichment & support
- Cultural Arts, STEM (Science/Technology/Engineering/Mathematics), PE and Leadership Development
- NYS test preparation
- Daily nutritious dinner
- 5 Vacation Day Trips
There are two steps to take to register:
Step 1: Complete Your DYCD Registration
1. Click here and visit the DYCD website
2. Click “Sign-In” in the top right corner
3. Click “Create Account” or follow the steps to log in if you have already created your account.
4. Add your details and your child’s details, then move on to the next page.
5. On the DYCD Dashboard, check off the box labeled “After School Programs”
6. Type in 11236 in the box labeled “Zip Code” and make sure “Within 0.5 Miles” is selected in “Select Distance.” The H.E.S. will be listed on the map in the designated blue box seen at the bottom. Please select this box and then click “+ Add to List”
7. Navigate to Dashboard in the top left corner to add additional applicants, or continue your application process under your existing application by clicking the blue button labeled “Apply”.
8. Download, complete, and return to the H.E.S. all four below required SONYC forms. To submit the completed and signed forms, please scan and email them to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or bring the forms to the H.E.S. Registration Office.
Step 2: Complete Your H.E.S. Registration
COMPLETE YOUR DYCD REGISTRATIONCLICK HERE
COMPLETE YOUR H.E.S. REGISTRATIONCLICK HERE